Friday, September 10, 2010

Wiggly Willy???

I am still reading the book, 100 Top Picks For Homeschool Curriculum, and the section I am on helps you figure out what kind of kids you have and what kind of parent you are.
She has 4 types:

  1. Wiggly Willy
  2. Perfect Paula
  3. Competent Carl
  4. Sociable Sue

It is so funny I came out to be very much a Wiggly Willy and partly a Perfect Paula. I thought for sure that I would be a Perfect Paula all the way.

Wiggly Willy is a kinesthetic learner. That makes sense that I learn better with my senses. But they go on to say that a wiggly willy needs to move around a lot and that they need to have checkpoints or lists to ensure that they stay on task. Hmmm, now that I write this it does make sense. I really do have a problem staying on task or finishing a project. I think that is one reason and a big reason why I am so afraid of homeschooling. I could see myself letting school go to the wayside.

However I had the thought the other day. 'Heavenly Father has so much faith in me that he knows I can do this.' I may not have that faith in myself but he does and at this point that is all that matters. I will just need lots of lists and checkpoints!!

I guess to make this right I feel like I need to put the numbers of how I scored.

  • Wiggly Willy: 7/8
  • Perfect Paula: 5/9
  • Competent Carl: 1 1/2/10
  • Sociable Sue: 3/8
I had Matt take the test and he was very well rounded.

  • Wiggly Willy:4/8
  • Perfect Paula: 6/9
  • Competent Carl: 5/10
  • Sociable Sue: 3/8
Then we read what the kids could be:

Our 8 year old E: Perfect Paula and I said a little Wiggly Willy

Our 6 year old D: Competent Carl and I said Wiggly Willy

Our 5 year old A: Sociable Sue and I also thought she has Wiggly Willy in her

Our 3 year old J: Because of his age he is going to be Wiggly Willy

So now I am on to reading about what is the best learning styles for these different personalities. This is such a long process and this has been a very busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. If it be words of encouragement or constructive criticism. I love comments and I will try my best to get to your blog and comment too.