Wednesday, May 18, 2011

School is Almost Out



Just wanted to post how Emma and David are doing.

Emma LOVES her class and she likes school. She asked me the other day if she could go back to Montessori next year. I said yes and she gave me a big hug.

David, it has been such a blessing to put him in Montessori. He has a great teacher, she truly cares about the kids and their future. The post before this I wrote that David may be dyslexic, he will be tested next year if the teacher continues to notice any issues. I was just told about a book called The Brain Gym. The friend that told me about this book said that when her husband was a kids he was diagnosed with dyslexia and the mother studied the book and the exercises that were taught and had her son do the exercises and it cured him. This book is also great for kids with ADD and ADHD and well for anyone, it helps with memorization and better learning. My husband just ordered it for me, I am excited to read it and help David and my 3 year old Jacob, he's got lots of energy.

David also had his ears tested and he failed both ears. So, I took him the the school's audiologist and had him tested again. They said that the problem goes all the way to the back of the ear. He has problems hearing high pitched sounds. Like women's voices. When a women is speaking to him he needs background noises quieted and they even said that it would be better if he is looking at the person when she talks. Very interesting. They said that there is nothing we can do about it at this time, just watch. They also said that he will fail his test at school every year and he will need to be taken to the audiologist.

They are both very excited that school is out.

Abby on the other hand.

Is very sad that school is out. She says that she wants to keep going to preschool. I am so glad that she went and was able to have that opportunity. She has truly benefited from it. She had an amazing teacher, Mrs. Burrell that really loves the children and puts her whole heart into the class and what she does with them. Thank you Mrs. Burrell for all that you have done this year!!

1 comment:

  1. That book sounds interesting. And that's interesting about David's hearing - is it something that you've ever noticed?

    Tomorrow is our last day of co-op preschool. The other girl is so disappointed, and I'm sure once Millie fully realizes it, she'll be too. I think it will be alright as long as the two girls get together to play this summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. If it be words of encouragement or constructive criticism. I love comments and I will try my best to get to your blog and comment too.